Concerns About Your Attorney

If You Have a Concern About Your Attorney

Many concerns can be resolved by talking directly to your public defender. Call the office at 360-578-7430. All incoming calls go through a receptionist. The receptionist can tell you who your attorney is and connect you with your attorney or your attorney's voice mail.

If you cannot talk with your public defender and/or want to express a concern, please email your concerns to your public defender.

If you cannot resolve your concerns by taking those steps, please send a letter or an email to:

Thad Scudder, Director

Cowlitz County Office of Public Defense

1801 First Avenue, Suite 1A

Longview, WA 98632

Please include the following information in your letter:

  • Your name and address
  • Your attorney's name
  • Your case number and charge
  • An explanation of your complaint

OPD reviews concerns raised by our clients. OPD does not accept complaints from family members or other third parties on behalf of the defendant. OPD does not accept anonymous complaints.

Please note that complaints submitted to OPD may be subject to disclosure as a public record.