Returning a Marriage Certificate

After the Ceremony

It is the responsibility of the individual performing your ceremony to return the Marriage Certificate to the Cowlitz County Auditor's Office within thirty (30) days of your marriage. This is the official Marriage Certificate that is recorded with the County Auditor's Office and Washington State Department of Health. You may need the certificate recorded immediately (i.e., for military purposes, passports, etc.). If you do, please let your officiant know at the time of your ceremony.

Marriage Certificate - Additional Information

Search for a Marriage Certificate

Resources for locating a marriage certificate

Request a Marriage Certificate

How to request a copy of a marriage certificate