Inmate Visit / Phones / Email
Voicemail messages can also be left for inmates.
The price for an inmate voice-mail is $1.99. The voice-mail length is 45 seconds or less. Call 1-866-949-4574, and follow the voice prompts to leave a voice-mail today!
Visit an inmate from the comfort of your home or office for $8.99
For more information about or to begin scheduling both ON-SITE and FROM HOME visits, please visit www.VisitFromHome.net
Visits cannot be set up via phone call to the jail. You must schedule online or in person at the jail Mon-Fri 8am-4pm.
FROM HOME visits can be scheduled during the Out times listed Here
You are responsible for correctly scheduling your visits. The scheduling system DOES NOT account for each inmate’s time out of their cell. All visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
All scheduled visits must begin AND end within the inmate’s out time.
(All visiting must be scheduled from 09:00 am to 09:00 pm)
FROM HOME Visits
If you want to use the FROM HOME option, visits can be scheduled any time an inmate is on out time.
FROM HOME visits can be scheduled 7 days a week 9am-9pm
We encourage you to schedule the beginning of you visit at least 10 minute after an out time begins and the end at least 10 minutes before a visit ends. This prevents issues resulting from out times being slightly off due to operational issues.
Any visit scheduled to begin or end outside of the regular out time will be cancelled.
Set up an account and learn more about the visiting at the link below
The above link takes you to the scheduling website, you will be leaving the Cowlitz County website.
Inmates will be allowed two, 20 minute, onsite video visits, per week. The onsite visits will be free. With remote video visitation, inmates will be allowed an unlimited number of visits per week to the extent appointments are available. The cost of a 20 minute remote visit for friends and family will be $8.99.
Video visits will be monitored for compliance with jail rules and all participants will be required to adhere to the rules. Those who violate the rules will be barred from using the system.
All visitation times are subject to the listed visitation times of the inmate you are trying to visit, and is also subject to an inmate being available during that visitation time. Check the inmate list now for visitation times. Please be aware C-unit and the lower E-unit are temporary intake housing areas. Most people will be moved out of those cells after being in custody for 72 hours. Please double check the appropriate dates and times so you don't miss your visit.
A few reasons an inmate may not be available during their visitation time are as follows:
1. Attorney Visits
2. Chaplain Visits
3. Elective groups (eg, Church, Bible Study, Anger Management, etc)
4. Disciplinary Lockdown
5. Any other reason deemed necessary by jail staff
Visits made at the jail are free.
Visitation INITIATED AT THE JAIL (ON-SITE) is limited to one 20 minute visit per inmate per day and only two visits each week.
Example 1: Inmate Smith has one visit that lasts 20 minutes. Inmate Smith cannot visit anyone again until the following day.
Example 2: Inmate Smith has two people show up to the jail for visitation. The two people showed up and visited 15 minutes. A third visitor shows up later and is turned away because inmate Smith only gets one visit per day.
ONLINE VISITATION DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE 20 MINUTE TIME LIMIT.
- Visitors clothing must not be revealing.
- Everyone must have shoes on, including children.
- Clothing with vulgar pictures and/or writing will not be allowed.
- - Low-cut tops (no cleavage showing)
- - See-through tops
- - Short-shorts or mini skirts
- - Bare midriffs
CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT STAFF HAS THE FINAL SAY AS TO WHAT CLOTHING AND BEHAVIOR IS NOT APPROPRIATE.
- Each adult visitor is allowed to have two of their own children or two of the inmate’s children under the age of 18 accompany them. Children must remain seated with the visitor during the visit. Children will be prohibited from visiting if they cannot behave
- Any violation of the visiting rules or any inappropriate conduct will cause you to lose visiting privileges.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the jail lobby.
- No cameras or cell phone usage during visits.
- There is no limit to the number of inmates you may visit in a day.
- Each inmate is allowed one 20-minute visit on their visiting day. (online visits are not counted against this time limit)
- Holiday visitation at the jail is restricted to online visitation (FROM HOME) only.
Inmates housed in Work Crew (H-Dorm) have the following visitation times: (These changes only effect inmates in the work crew program) ON-SITE free visitation times: Monday thru Friday 03:00pm - 04:00pm Excluding Holidays
FROM HOME/Internet paid visitation times: All days during scheduled out times NOTE: At any time and without prior notice, visitation can be stopped or denied for undisclosed safety and/or security concerns.